Inistioge is a beautiful and historic village nestled in the Nore valley of South Kilkenny. Visiting Inistioge is like stepping back in time. The only thing that changed in over the past century is the vehicles that pass through. It offers some stunning scenery and its only a short stroll to the Woodstock Estate. It really is a breath of fresh air.
Our walk takes us from the charming village of Inistoige along the river Nore up into the woods to the Swiss cottage where views of Inistioge can be fully appreciated, we then take the short walk into the Woodstock Estate to explore the grounds and gardens.
- We leave from Kilkenny castle at 10:00am and drive to Inistioge which takes about 25 mins.
- A short 3km walk through the woods to the Swiss cottage to get a birds eye view of the village and surrounding area.
- We then continue on into the gardens and grounds of Woodstock
- Take the short walk back down to Inistioge for light refreshments.
- Return to Kilkenny castle for 14:00
- Total walking distance 6km